Friday, December 27, 2013

Merry Christmas Eve!! (Didn't have a chance to post!)

Merry Christmas Eve everyone! I am soooo excited for the next 48 hours!!!!! I can't decide what I am most excited for- From Christmas eve mass, to putting out presents for the FIRST TIME for my little baby, to having her rip the present paper to shreds... It is just SOOOOO STINKING EXCITING!

All the side dishes and appetizers I'll be making this year are coming from one of our Local Arizona Farmer's Markets!  This last weekend we went to the one in Scottsdale Arizona that I have written about before!  I love their organic vegetable and fruit selection and I got my hands on some amazing homemade breads, cheeses, and jams for our Christmas Day nosh hour before the main meal!

Even though the market is super busy I braved the crowd with the jogger stroller!  This thing holds so many groceries that I couldn't NOT take it!  Olive was all warm and snuggly in her favorite blanket and puffy vest and got to try a few yummies with mommy!


I tried to get a selfie with Olive in her cutie pie Elmo Vest, but as I looked back at the pics I took I realized- she was covered in snot!  Lovely :)

 

After the farmers market I had to spend the rest of the weekend finishing up Christmas gifts for the kids in the family!  It was a late late night and on the LAST blanket I managed to give myself a war wound- I nearly cut a huge chunk of flesh of my finger!  A few minutes of my hand above my head, a blueberry shortcake bandaid, and some chex-mix later I was back to the grind!


I ended up making 5 blankets in total, the three below and 2 tie blankets not shown!  All purchased on super sale or with a Joann's coupon! Super thrifty heart warming gifts!

1. The Whale blanket is for in Olive's Christmas present ( a teepee!!) It is double sided with fleece on one side and soft fake fur on the other!  It is a super easy project made like a typical pillow! You just sew the edges, turn inside out, and close the remaining seam!
2. The raccoon blanket is also made of fleece and sewn like a sleeping bag!  David's nephew can use it as a double thick blanket or a blanket bag to put his feet in! I just added the bias-ribbon at the top opening to finish it!
3. The Tinkerbell blanket is also made of fleece for David's niece who adores tinkerbell!  Hers was the simplest of all the blankets, I just added the bias-ribbon around the edge of the entire blanket to make the edges more polished!

1.2.

3.

These blankets were so much fun to make and really warmed my heart!  All of my mom's sisters have made me many blankets throughout the years and I wanted to keep the tradition alive in making blankets for David's niece and nephews!  It really gave me a perspective of how much my aunts loved me!

Sunday and Christmas eve eve unfortunately were not as fun as I had dreamed with little baby Olive.  She came down with the flu/stomach bug that her daddy had!  After spending a few hours at the pediatricians we came home to rest and try to rehydrate!


Poor baby was soooo tired and it hurt my heart!  

But once she woke up she was a little better but did not want to leave my side! 
I have no words for this face.....awww


I had a million things to do and presents to wrap before my parents arrived, so she decided she was going to be my little Angel helper!


She loved crawling in all the boxes, trying to rip the paper as I was wrapping,


and wanted to help with the tape!  She was sooo cute! She would hand me the tape dispenser when I needed it and would go back to shaking it in the air after I was done! I had a little fun and put a piece on her hand, until she got angry because it wouldn't come off haha!


Mommy's little helper!

We finally got all the presents wrapped and organized from all 3 families!


I can't wait for everyone to get here tomorrow and share our first Christmas with baby Olive and as hosts!
Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

X, Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment