Friday, December 27, 2013

Iron Girl Fountain Hills 5k! (A little late in posting!)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years everyone!
So I am a little behind on posting- I had my last few posts written but hadn't uploaded the pictures until yesterday! So here we go.....

December 15th we participated in the Annual Athleta Iron Girl 5k in the beautiful Fountain Hills AZ!  

Flashback AHEAD!

Last year was the first year my mom, dear friends, and I participated (walked) in the event! I was 6 months pregnant with Baby Olive and we had a blast!  This race is so special to me! The Iron Girl Team even printed a racing bib for Olive as a keepsake, I wore her bib on my front and mine on my back.  I knew in my heart I wanted Olive to see how strong she was- even before birth and to know how important it was to be healthy!  Each year we do the race I am putting our medals and race bibs in a shadow box as a reminder of how much I love her and how amazing she is!

This year was extra-super special because it was the first year they allowed strollers in their event so Olive could race along side us!  And of course they urged participants to decorate the strollers!
Gammy-Daughter selfie time!

My mom bought us matching angel wing hoodies from Victoria Secret so we chose an "Angel" theme for our little team!  



We adorned the stroller with white LED lights and white tinsel and of course a matching white outfit and warm weather wear for baby Olive!! 


We were already exhausted pre-race because we dealt with a smelly poopie diaper for the 30 minute drive at 630 am before the race started... oh and I ran out of wipes.... oh and it was 40 degreees! hahah (Oh and I forgot the diaper on top of the car until after the race peeee-ew)
But after we were all cleaned up Olive was sooo cute, nice a toasty, and fell asleep within minutes!

The starting line was crazy- especially since the stroller striders had to stick to the back (we ended up passing a ton of people along the way!)


We would've made better time had we not stopped to take a bunch of pictures! They weren't kidding when they name the place "Fountain Hills" because there are A LOT of hills- it seemed like we only were climbing and never descended! haha


 Remember I am no photographer- these are all from my phone so don't judge my lack of photo taking skills!  But the Fountain was beautiful as we rounded out the race!


Little Olive even got a medal this year for participating!!
 (Her race bib was on the back of the stroller this year!)


We had such a good time- it truly was one of the most amazing days we had together as 3 generations!
Afterwards we wandered to a cute little cafe and sat outside for a scrumptious hot breakfast!


We had to swing by target afterwards to pick up a few things for dinner and the next few days since I was going to be out of town and I stumbled upon this ADORABLE headband and FOX!

"What does the fox say?" hahaha

She carried that fox around the whole store... and everyone kept commenting on how much they loved her Christmas spirit!
Cutest baby ever...she loves target just as much as her mommy does!

Well I hope you check back over the next few days :) I will be posting a lot of Holiday pics and adventures and hopefully will be able to announce my first 5k (that I will run) and training program in the New Year!  Physical Therapy is going slowly-but-surely so hopefully I will have an idea of when I'm clear to get running again soon!

I hope you all have had a great holiday season-I'd love to hear about one of your special traditions!

X, Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment