Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas Decorating Sneak Peek!!

Decorating has been in full swing since the week before thanksgiving!  We actually spent the holiday with my parents so it was killing me to think I might have to wait until a whole week into December to start decorating! 

I have always been obsessed with the whites, silvers, and glittery Christmas decor!  Our colors remind me of snow and the coolness of the season with a pop of blue here and there.  When I tell people my decor palette they typically cringe, thinking of the silver trees in Charlie Brown's christmas movie tree lot- but truly it's modern and just makes me giddy!

Here is a sneak peek of our dining table!  I have added another candle to the right vase and actually have some vases from my mom that I'm switching out soon! 

White feather trees from Target 2011, similar found Here!  Pinecones from Slatkin & Co 2010. Silver sequin table runner from Target 2013, placemats found here!


 The tree still needs some filler ornaments but I carried the feathers throughout the house!  I kept throwing around the idea that the wall behind the TV needed something but I didn't want it to be too busy- so I suspended and staggered a few sparkly bulbs from the ceiling!


We are hosting Christmas this year and will have 13 people crammed in our kitchen!! My future MIL gave me these gorgeous chargers last year and I picked up these Anchor plates from Walmart to carry the blue into the kitchen!

I will also be using the Anchor Blue serving for all our delicious side dishes- I hope to have everything match as much as possible!  I can't wait to post pics of the silver and white acrylic snowflake plate I bought Olive for her first Christmas!

FLASHBACK AHEAD!

This flashback is a week overdue! This photo was taken in 2012 in the closet of model for our home!!!  The day after thanksgiving we went and visited our house slab and daydreamed around the models as we did weekly!!  Little Olive finally decided to grow and I was getting bigger (and more tired) by the day if you couldn't tell!  The nausea was finally easing up a bit however! THANK GOD!  I LOVE OUR CLOSET by the way!


Hope all your decorating and planning is going well! I can't wait to share the rest of our decor (and take better pictures using something other than my phone single handed) as well as share more of our Christmas adventures!  So excited to be inspired by everyone else's decor!!

X, Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment