Saturday, November 23, 2013

25 Christmas Adventures!

After I came home from the doctor this week- the first thing I did was call David and ask "Are we getting a real tree this year or not- I want to start decorating... like now... to cheer me up."  I am trying to hold out until the weekend after thanksgiving, however, I have a feeling I will be digging out the christmas decorations tomorrow before David wakes up!  He's going to come down the stairs (on his birthday) and pee himself from the winter wonderland that it going to explode before his eyes! 

I can't wait any longer! I've been playing Christmas music for weeks and even spent 30 minutes in the singing/animated christmas toy aisle with Olive while I was getting my oil changed.  The passers-by thought it was for her enjoyment- I'm ok with that ;)

I was going to wait until next week when I was off work to post my bucket-list but there is not time like the 'present' bahahah!  Below are my 25 planned adventures:


1. Blog every day of December!!
2.  Do as many Christmas crafts involving fingerprints, footprints, handprints, buttcheek prints, as I can with Olive for keepsakes!!
3. Sew a Christmas bedskirt for Olive!! I already have Green Christmas moose fabric!!
4.  Bake Christmas Cookies with my mom! (this is a given on everyone's list!)
5. Take Olive to see Santa for the first time ever... At BASS PRO SHOPS!!! I can't wait to see her reaction I love looking at the fish too!!
6.  Go on the Harley toy giveaway ride!  A bunch of bikers dress up as santa every year and team up with one of many organizations that deliver toys to deserving kids!! My parents do this every year!
7. Take pictures of olive surrounded by Christmas lights! and anything Glitter :) Lots of glitter!!
8. Finish Christmas Shopping!  We have barely started- but we aren't going crazy this year- everyone decided to focus on just being together!!
9.  Drive somewhere (either Southern or Northern Arizona) to show Olive snow!!!
10. Attend the GIRLS ornament exchange brunch!! Mimosas, besties, and ornaments- need I say more?!
maybe a fun project for all of our friends at our christmas party??? like a guestbook!Thumb prints - great project for little ones at Christmas! by carlene12.  Win Take part in the stroller decorating contest being held during our annual IronGirl Fountain Hills 5k!
11. Go to the Desert Botanical Gardens with Olive and some mommy friends and see the Chihuly exhibit complete with lights!
13.  Have a few lemon drop martinis  and some sushi on my Birthday (or around it- December 5th)!
14.  Hop in the car with David and Olive and check out our subdivisions Christmas lights :)
15. Kiss David under some moostletoe!

16. Go to the Farmers market and stock up on winter vegetables and have another soup making fest!
17.  Buy matching footie jammies for David, Olive and I and have a                               family Movie, PJ, fun day!
18.  Make some new Christmas traditions for Olive, David and I!
19.  Create fabulous name cards and centerpieces for our kitchen counter and table for Christmas! (We are hosting at our house for the first time this year!)
20. Build a lego town to go around my dad's model train- like when I was a kid!
21. Count the number of times I watch Elf, and try not to cry from happiness.
22.  Bake loaves of banana bread for day after christmas shopping!
23.  Have a bonfire complete with roasted marshmallows and have olive try her first Smores!
24. Watch "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" while drinking Jack and cokes with my dad!
25. Most importantly, go to Christmas eve mass and then have breakfast for dinner :) A long standing and yummy tradition handed down from my dad's family!


Next year we are going to spend a long weekend in Flagstaff after Thanksgiving and go to a Christmas tree farm to chop down our own tree!! I AM SO EXCITED!!

What are a few of your Christmas adventures for this year?!! I can't wait to hear some of yours!!!

~*X*~






No comments:

Post a Comment