Wednesday, November 13, 2013

5 days of Fun around Mesa/Phoenix!

David and I are not originally from the Phoenix area!  We are transplants and moved back to AZ because of our parents and job opportunities so we are quickly trying to find fun things to do in our area!  Just a little background we both came from military families and love experiencing new places, also I only work part time so it gives me the opportunity to spend a lot of time taking Olive on adventures!

The last few days have been chalk full of driving around the Phoenix and Mesa area and finding fun things to do!

I forgot to share last Tuesday!  It was a gorgeous day and I did not want to just hang around the house so Olive and I went to two of our favorite places- Joann Fabrics and PETCO here in Mesa AZ!  I love the fabric and she loves the fish!  I found some great clearance deals on shadowboxes for our IronGirl medals and unfortunately left my wallet in the car when we went to petco- otherwise we would've come home with a bunch of fish! hahah Dad was happy about this!


Oops- crooked glasses hahahah! Love her hair!


I'm hoping we can go to the Sea life aquarium next week because WE LOVE THE FISHIES!  If you live in the Pheonix area they are having a great deal with their Fall Friday's!!



Saturday was a BLAST and we felt like Native Phoenicians!  A dear friend of mine invited us to join her for a full day of Birthday celebrating in downtown Phoenix!  We had David's parents watch Olive and for the first time since Olive was born we spent the day sans baby out with adults doing fun adult things hahaha!  It was so wierd and so refreshing!

Our first stop on the agenda was the Local First Arizona Fall Festival downtown!  We parked at the Phoenix City Center and walked about a mile to the super packed festival!

We proceeded to have amazing burgers (mine was turkey and mushrooms) from Burgers Amore! and of course after we walked around to look at all the vendors we took our sweet time in the "Adult Tent" which consisted of local brewers, wine makers, and Arizona's only distillers the Arizona Distilling Co!!  (how is it that I always find the Whiskey and bourbon?)  Their bourbon was INCREDIBLE and their group was so fun!  I can't wait to buy a few bottles!

Burgers Amore   

After we ate, drank, pet a million cute dogs and chatted with a bunch of people, we walked back to the city center and watched THOR!  It was an over the top energetic day that reminded David and I of the "old days"! If you ever are in the Phoenix area you definitely want to put this festival on your to-do list!

The best part of the night though was coming home to little Olive, she was still awake and was crawling all over us!  Such a great day!

Sunday we upgraded Olive's carseat! She is officially too big for her little newborn Chicco Keyfit so we upgraded her to the Chicco Nextfit!  We love their brand and ease of use- and it didn't hurt that we get a family discount at BuyBuyBaby!!  We also bought 2 more chairs for our dining table since we are hosting our first Christmas this year!  We will have 13 people in our house so we spent the day running errands all around the Phoenix area to get ready- I think I'm going to decorate next week- I can't wait any longer!


It has already begun!!

My Monday's are now turning out to be the best days ever!! No more "case of the Monday's" for us, as I mentioned last week Olive and I are sooo excited to attend the new Stroller Strides in Mesa!!!  The workout is phenomenal, the coaches are so strong and creative, and the weather is perfect!!  It is held at the safe and beautiful Monterey park!  If you are looking for a place to walk or take your kiddos and pets this place is perfect!
That hill you see there- we owned that hill doing sprints and squats haha!
I'm definitely sore but it feels so good to get back into a workout routine!  We did incredible routines that involved sprints, bands, and lots of sweat!


 When we get home is when I like to do my "30 days of Abs" workout and Olive loves to do yoga stretches on my tummy or help chew hold my feet while I'm doing situps and crunches!  Future athlete right there! LOL


Tuesday was just as amazing as Monday!  My mommy friend Michelle almost couldn't make our weekly walk due to a tire blow out- but she got her wheels fixed just in time for Olive to have a blow out- in her new carseat- thank goodness it didn't escape her onesie but of course I wasn't prepared- somehow I had pants and socks in her bag but no onesie or shirt.  I wasn't going to miss the walk so I improvised- my nice Express sweater looked great on her!

I couldn't stop laughing watching her flap her arms :) she didn't mind much- I felt like a bad mom for a few minutes though!  

Our walk around Tempe Town Lake was super awesome this week because we got to watch the city set up for the Ironman AZ that is happening this weekend!! It really got a fire going under my butt to get back in shape! SO EXCITING!
Ironman Arizona

All in all we had a good day after our 3 mile walk, I even took my mini to work for a few minutes to see Christi and my fav coworkers (More driving around Phoenix!)! They hadn't seen her since she was a month old! Time flies when you're having fun with hubby and baby in Phoenix!

Love her leggings!

Keep posted in the next few weeks for more Phoenix Adventures!  Olive and I have play dates planned for the Desert Botanical Gardens (they have the Chihuly exhibit open), The Butterfly Wonderland, and will be starting baby gymnastics!!  

So excited!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment