Friday, November 1, 2013

Can we fit anything else into one week?!

Thank goodness it's time for my lunch break! I have been meaning to post pics from the farmers market all week- and unfortunately now isn't that time (it has to wait until tonight when olive is in bed, my kitchen no longer has Halloween costumes all over it, and the bottles are washed!) BUT I can give you a morsel of everything else that has been going on!  I seriously feel like this week just flew by!

Sunday I finally got around to sewing a bunch of projects that I bought some of the fabric for about hmmm 5 months ago to include a curtain for our shower window (which is currently a towel), a curtain for Olive's room, and a cart cover! The piece I am most excited about is the reversible shopping cart cover I sewed for little Olive!!  Some might say I'm a slight germ-a-phobe, David would beg to differ on the "slight" part.  Lately when I grocery shop I have been bringing Olive in our BOB stroller and piling the groceries in the little basket underneath, on top of the visor, and in the little foot rest area that her feet don't actually reach yet.  She's been able to sit up very well for over the last month but grocery carts are soooooooo gross!
Solution: not just a shopping cart cover, but a REVERSIBLE one!  One side is bats for halloween and the other is acorns and leaves for November!  (The christmas and new years cart cover fabric has been cut for about 1 month) maybe I can get to it before December 1st! here's hoping!


 For these I did not use a pattern, I just went all willy nilly with the scissors, but I got the idea from a pattern from lil blue boo which is an INCREDIBLE blog by this amazing woman named Ashley!  She has a free printable PDF pattern that you tape together yourself and the instructions are super easy! I LOVE this cart cover and can't wait to make more (even after swearing when the bias tape kept coming off!)

Monday consisted of chores galore but Tuesday Olive and I got to go have a walking play date with my dear friend and bridesmaid Michelle, aka PirateMama!  I think we walked like 3 miles around Tempe Beach Park area (near our wedding venue!!) and hopefully will make it a weekly event!  Olive was whooped- partially because SHE'S GETTING HER FIRST TOOTH! OH M GEE! 




FLASHBACK PHOTO AHEAD!
It's hard to believe that just over a year ago we found out that little baby straight legs was going to be an Olive Marie and now my little monkey is getting TEETH!! 

We have come a long way in a year!  This pic was taken when we had just broken ground and the support beams were up to pour the foundation!  The same day that we found out Olive was a girl David came down with the worst flu ever- and proceeded to give it to me!  I'm happy to say this year we are all healthy and the only fever in the house is from little Olive's teeth- those homeopathic teething tablets are worth their weight in diamonds though!

So anyways- back to the present- Tuesday evening was amazing!  David and I hit crunch mode for wedding planning and realized while sampling some amazing food from Santa Barbara Catering Tuesday night that it was time to make decisions and deposits for all the big ticket wedding day options and have had a few shocking moments- but are on our way to having a fabulous wedding planned!!  Let's just say that it's not your typical wedding food and we can't wait for our guests to enjoy the meal!
Phoenix Catering - Santa Barbara Catering
We also picked our photographer!!!!!!!!!! I seriously tear up and get butterflies every time I see their pictures- this photographer couple is beyond talented!!!!!!  They truly capture the weddings from the eyes of the couple!  I can't wait to reveal to you guys the pics from our future engagement photo shoot with them!!!

Wednesday was a bit of a crazy show with work, helping David get ready to travel for work, and taking care of our squirmy fussy teething ball of cuteness!!  It was one of those ran-out-of-formula-house-a-mess-tons-of-laundry-to-do-tornado of a day... and somehow all that cleaning over the weekend seemed like a distance memory and a waster when I passed out on the couch at 8pm.  

Thursday of course was Olive's FIRST HALLOWEEN!  When I thought the shit show had ended with Wednesday- it did not!  We were not expecting to have Daddy out of town for our first major fall holiday together but my BFF Christi came over and helped make the holiday the best it could have ever been! (pictures to come from her tonight) here's a sneak peak of the craziness that ensued.





 And thank God it is Friday now!  I didn't get as much or as good of sleep as I had hoped but waking up to this little cutie makes it all worth it!  She makes me laugh so hard because of the things she is getting into now!  This is one of those walker music toys that she plays with while I'm putting on my makeup in the morning- her latest thing is to tip everything over to see what is "in" or "underneath" it.... I was putting on eye-shadow when I hear one of the music buttons stuck on the same tune not finishing the song, I look over to find my little sweetie pie scratching at the bottom of the toy! hahahaha
She always has this look of "what?"

Well it's time to get back to work! Only a few more hours until I get to see my little Monkey!  more pictures to come tonight!
~*XO*~

No comments:

Post a Comment