Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Wedding Wednesday- Our color scheme!

So for the next two months my dear readers get a treat (just kidding)!  I'll be sharing some of my wedding day details!! I wanted to share some of my ideas and schemes because I feel like they can be used for a wide range of events, from themed parties to ladies nights, even a kids birthday! I know talking about my wedding is far removed from fitness goals and baby products- but as promised with my blog title I'm going to tell you about our journey through life love and everything in between...this is part of the mushy love chapter (and the craft chapter!).

Out of all the things to decide for the wedding, I changed my mind about 30 times regarding the color scheme.  Choosing the venue, the food, the overall feel and photographer were easy... deciding what color scheme could best portray our personalities and can be coordinated as unique statements was hard!

We originally planned for a fall wedding and I loved the bright bright orange with the deep almost cerulean blue!  
swimmingly bright
(Color palette from Design Seeds!)

I also LOVE the color grey and would do everything in my life grey if I could!! I also love mint and seafoam greens!
Stems
I just couldn't make up my mind!  I LOVE the design-seeds website because they have a million color combinations with corresponding breath-taking pictures that make it even harder to choose! Ever palette started my imagination fluttering for all the photographic treats that were possible!  Finally I just kinda went with my gut and knew that I kept coming back to the bright crisp orange of my favorite dahlias and the soft minty seafoam green I adore!

Coral-Seafoam-Inspiration-Board-CamilleStyles

Then I came across this amazing image from Camille Styles that embodied some of the rich seafoam and oranges I was dreaming about! 


More design-seeds inspirations!

bright bloom

This dahlia is perfect!

color roped

Look at those delicate yet bold ropes!

For more color palettes check out my Pinterest board "Someday"!

It took a lot of looking and a little disappointment but my bridesmaids and I finally stumbled upon a gorgeous seafoam to pair up with my dream flowers (which are fake from Pier 1! haha!) 


The majority of the decor will include the standard white linens with pops of vibrant orange in the centerpieces, pops of soft coral in the candle holders and desert table, and bright orange bridal and bridesmaid bouquets!  My favorite part of all of this is that after the wedding some of the decor will find a special place in my new seafoam and white office I'm working on!! Can't wait to share the end results!

Just a sneak peak of the bridal bouquet I'll be carrying that I found at DK Designs!

In addition there will be of course MANY chalkboards strategically placed around the reception area to tone down the bright bold colors and to tie in a million of my ideas!

I can't wait to reveal more of the fun wedding surprises we are going to have!  I hope these color palettes help inspire you for your next event or even room design!

X, Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment