Thursday, January 9, 2014

Hello 2014! I heart you already!


The story of my life for 2013 was "I've been meaning to do this all week and finally just got around to it"... with wedding planning I fear this will be my mantra for the first part of 2014, but it is my goal to change that starting this week!  I have blown through a number of my wedding planning goals and now am off to change the world (lol jk)   

A number of the blogs that I love love love to follow have been participating in a blog Linkup (including Little Baby Garvin) and I am so excited to participate (in the last few hours possible of course) haha!  These lovely ladies have provided 3 prompts for discussion and they totally helped me realize what I want to do to make 2014 the best year ever!


1.  My main goal for 2014 (as is the theme for everyone I hear) is to simplify more and keep organized, stress less and run more, and to unplug from technology as much as possible after working hours! 

Our house already has strong organizational bones and great function (plastic bins organized in every closet, everything has a place and often is labeled, kitchen gadgets that make life super simple) but the day to day mess of bottles, clothes, and junk mail gets out of hand the days that we both work long hours!   




After having sickies in the house and a million "spring cleaning" projects I am in the process of finishing, I decided that before I have my first official day at the new job I am going to finish all my little nagging projects and start FRESH!  All crap and clutter is going in the donation bin next week, all the junkmail will be disposed of the day we get it, and the bottles- well we will work on the best system for that! haha  Olive will be a year old in April and we are counting down the days to transitioning from formula to milk and more solids!



2. With that being said my word to reflect on, to live by, and aspire to for 2014 is "ENERGY!"  All the organizing and the breathing are being used to serve a greater purpose- streamline everything so there is more energy left over for the important things like family, friends, and love love love!!!!!  Good energy inm good energy out, and positive energy for everyone!  I just know in my gut that once the little energy stressers like laundry and grocery shopping are made to be less taxing, everything else will just flow into place!

(no makeup selfie with my sleepy sweetie)

3. I will make 2014 count by...
Soaking up every millisecond with my best friend Olive, my future hubby, my parents, and my dearest friends!  life is just too short to miss the little moments with them!  Less iPhone and more ImHome!!!


What are your goals for 2014?!  You have 12 more hours to LinkUp and share!!  I wish you all the best this year and can't wait to share more about our new organized lives with you!

X, Jamie


No comments:

Post a Comment