Friday, October 25, 2013

Where has October gone?!

So needless to say- I haven't written in like 3 weeks.  In that timeframe I got food poisoning, went to Minnesota with babykins, and have been working on a bunch of personal and work projects! 
(more info to come!) 
So I think I will have to Blog the next 5 days just to catch up on everything that has been going on!

First let's flashback to this time last year!!!
FLASHBACK to 2012 ahead!

So this was me last year.  I look back and think "I wish I could be that size again!!" lol even 18 weeks prego!  This was an amazing week! We met with the builders design center to choose all the fab fixings for our house (which were limited because we were on a tight budget) and it was the week before we got to find out what our little baby straight legs was!!  

Ultimately we went with an amazing new grey tile (that looks like a grey river is floating through the house) in the kitchen and hallway downstairs (of course- we couldn't quite afford the hardwood) and then carpet in the whole upstairs minus the bathrooms!  
(Don't mind the mess- this was just after we painted and were cleaning up!)

We went with all steel appliances and a gorgeous grey granite with white and silver sparkles that catch your eye like fish gills!  It's not quite as modern of a look as I was hoping for- but it's the perfect balance between my modern desires and David's rustic side with the earthy undertones in everything! David calls our house the "50 shades of grey house".  I have never read the books nor has he, but we painted almost all the rooms and hallways and they all ended up looking like different shade of grey (gorgeous grey)- but hey a girl knows what she wants! Here's the before and soon to post the after- I'm so behind!

Our house is definitely a work in progress, we have very little decor throughout the house- just mainly furniture!  But come Christmas time you better look out! Just to let you in on a little secret- my decor colors are silver white and teal- I told you I love grey! haha

Well dear folks-keep posted!  Tomorrow is going to be the best day EVER! We are going to the farmers market and are going to make 4 soups to freeze for the fall and winter months!  I will post recipes and pics! I'll also share some fabulous snapshots of little olive from our Minnesota adventure!
God granted my wish and gave us snow!

~*XO*~






No comments:

Post a Comment