Friday, September 13, 2013

So let's just say life got a little crazy starting January 1 and I failed my first attempt at blogging.  To quote my favorite Blogger of all time Jessica Garvin- it's been a "Shit show"!! In 3 months time we moved in to our newly built home, I got a job (finally- it was getting a little tiresome standing on my feet all day at the glorious Pier1) and started working at the Cancer Center here in Phoenix, and little Olive made her appearance almost a week late!  Lets just say with painting, no sleep, packing and unpacking, trying to not be OCD about the nursery, and learning my new job- life was a little crazy!

 And NOW my little monkey is 5 months OLD!  OH MY WORD! where did the time go?!
This was a box from David's motorcycle helmet that she just did not want to get out of! I can't stop looking at pics of my little punkin!!!

Flashback ahead!!

(Chalkboard idea inspired by the talented Jessica Garvin!)


"Baby Straight Legs"

To think- about this time 1 year ago I was about 13 weeks pregnant with baby girl!!  Back then we had no idea if she was going to be an Olive or a David, but one thing I already knew for sure was she was a little firecracker!  Week 13 is when we had the ultrasound that screened for the range of birth defects and our little dancer was just wiggling and jamming out! The ultrasound tech and I couldn't stop laughing because she couldn't get a good shot of anything!  Olive would fist pump and bounce around and then would lay completely still with her legs straight out!!!  I was forced to cough to move her off my pelvic floor but then she would just start be-boppin away again- there was no neutral!  Either full blast rave fest or straight legged coma!  She was known from then on as "Baby Straight Legs".

Well it's been one of my goals to give this blog another "College Try" and like I said, share some glimpses of our unconventional, first time parent, crafty homemaking, crazy shit show lives!! :)  There will be weekly flashbacks to display my chalkboards from weeks past as well as updates on our house, what it's like to be a mommy stuck between the limbo of "Ph.D. career woman" and "wanna-be pinterest bad-ass".... it's a constant struggle to have my gluten-free-don't-to-my-ass-cake and eat it to but maybe this blog will help me realize I can have both and care it all with you!!!

I promise the next blog will tell you more about us and who we are... because I have already spend wayyyy too much time looking at prego and baby pics today!!

~*X*~


No comments:

Post a Comment